🇺🇸 Data Protection World Forum – Roundtable: Cloudy horizons with the threat of breaches
mer 19 janvier @ 14:30 - 15:30
Host – Paul Hampton, Senior Product Manager, Thales
- Stewart Room, Partner, Global Head of Data Protection & Cyber Security, DWF
- Claude-Étienne Armingaud, CIPP/E, Partner – Practice Group Coordinator | Data Protection, Privacy and Security, K&L Gates LLP
- Ray Walshe, Director and EU Observatory for ICT Standards, Dublin City University
Most organisations have felt the impact of accelerating their cloud adoption strategies in the past two years. While beneficial to the enterprise in numerous areas, such as faster application development, combined with the ability to experiment and quickly leverage elasticity and resiliency, these benefits have also brought significant new security challenges.
Today, enterprises are grappling with security issues never before faced or addressed. The debate of shared responsibility between provider and customer, data sovereignty, the utopian cloud environment and the constant changing of threat models to name a few.
This session will draw on the recent findings of the 2021 Thales Cloud Security Report to discuss how European enterprises are handling the data security repercussions of an accelerated cloud deployment.
Areas for Discussion
• The widespread use of SaaS within the enterprise
• Cloud complexity with ‘lift & shift’, multicloud, and hybrid
• Encryption in the cloud is not as widespread as enterprises think
• How successful are enterprises in maintaining compliance and avoiding breaches in the cloud
• Who owns responsibility for the security of data in the cloud